Hey Guys!

Feel like telling us a bit about yourself? Here's the place to do it.
One thread per member please!

Hey Guys!

Postby burntfires22 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 am

Hey guys, I kinda came here looking for an answer, so if anyone would want to give me a wee bit of help that'd be great!
I play guitar and I've been mesmerised with familyjules' soundtrack since it came out, but I've always had a burning question: Where can I learn how to do that?
Now I know that Jules prefers his fans to learn by ear like he did, which is also why I joined this forum. I'm wondering if there are any other musicians out there that wanna help me "decode" this soundtrack per se.
Also, if anyone can hand me some tips on this then that would be great! I'm also really happy to see that the community is quite friendly, so hopefully you guys will like what I have to offer for this forum!
Thanks in advance!
burntfires22
Green Slime

Re: Hey Guys!

Postby CommanderSaxon » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:26 pm

burntfires22 wrote:Hey guys, I kinda came here looking for an answer, so if anyone would want to give me a wee bit of help that'd be great!
I play guitar and I've been mesmerised with familyjules' soundtrack since it came out, but I've always had a burning question: Where can I learn how to do that?
Now I know that Jules prefers his fans to learn by ear like he did, which is also why I joined this forum. I'm wondering if there are any other musicians out there that wanna help me "decode" this soundtrack per se.
Also, if anyone can hand me some tips on this then that would be great! I'm also really happy to see that the community is quite friendly, so hopefully you guys will like what I have to offer for this forum!
Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

When I "Decode" music, I usually use my keyboard, hooked up to my computer, and load the song into a music studio program and attempt to find each note one by one. So piano skills and a $700 keyboard can help!

You could also just try playing the song slooowly, and try to play along on your guitar, but you might not know how his guitar is tuned when he plays.

This could also help, it's a PDF I made with notation of Zone 1-1. It's for piano though, and a little wonky, but you can at least get the correct notes.

And here's a MIDI of what the PDF should sound like
CommanderSaxon

Postby NecroHeather » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:56 am

Welcome burntfires22!
NecroHeather
Red Dragon

Postby burntfires22 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:40 am

@CommanderSaxon

Thanks for the info! I have an old keyboard lying around, so I'll be sure to give that a try! Thank you very much for the notes, I've been looking around on Reddit and somebody said they will try and give me tablatures for.. 3-2? I think that's what it was..
Thanks again, guy.
burntfires22
Green Slime

Return to Introduce Yourself!