Melody final boss gets stuck in wall, unkillable

Find a bug? Please report it here!

Melody final boss gets stuck in wall, unkillable

Postby RyanThompson » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 pm

I was playing Melody on Amplified version 1.27 from GOG on MacOS, and while fighting the final boss, in the second stage, the Necrodancer was up against one of the walls, and when the walls closed in, he got stuck inside the wall. From that point, he couldn't move or be moved, so there was no way to win, and all I could do was wait for the walls to close in and kill me. I took a screenshot, which you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/co9q58lem3b1qye/Melody-Necrodancer-in-wall.png?dl=0. Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to have saved the replay for this run, so I can't provide that. (I have no idea why the game would forget to save the replay just this once; it's saved a replay for every other run I've done.)

This is the first time I've seen the Necrodancer get stuck in the wall, but thinking back, I can remember previous times when I've seen other weird behaviors with the wall: skeletons getting stuck in the wall or insta-killed instead of pushed by the advancing walls, or being insta-killed myself instead of shoved over when the wall advanced. These were all observed on regular Necrodancer, without Amplified.

Note: I'm pretty sure the game version was 1.27. GOG Galaxy updated the game to 1.37 right after I quit, so I'm not certain.
RyanThompson
White Skeleton

Re: Melody final boss gets stuck in wall, unkillable

Postby Arachness » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks for the report! We'll investigate the issue and hopefully be able to fix it.

I noticed in your screenshot that you have some Familiars. Do you remember if any of the Familiars' abilities might have contributed to the boss getting stuck in the wall, such as being frozen when the wall shifted in?
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Re: Melody final boss gets stuck in wall, unkillable

Postby RyanThompson » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 am

For the specific instance in the screenshot, unfortunately I don't remember whether a familiar might have contributed. But as I said, I've seen similar issues with this boss even in the base game before, so the problem isn't exclusive to familiars. Any time I or a skeleton has been trapped by the wall, it resulting in an insta-death for the trapped character. Presumably the game also tried to insta-kill the NecroDancer in this instance, but this didn't happen because he was in his 2nd phase where he was invulnerable to all damage.

Side note: I think I figured out why the replay wasn't saved. I quit the game with Command+Q right from the screen shown in the screenshot, i.e. before pressing Space to continue. I'd guess that game doesn't save the replay until one of the following screens. You might want consider saving the replay as soon as the player dies.

In any case, I'll keep an eye out for this bug happening again, and if it does, I'll reply with a screenshot and a replay.
RyanThompson
White Skeleton

Return to Bug Reports