Can't place a harpy in the level editor with Aria selected

Find a bug? Please report it here!

Can't place a harpy in the level editor with Aria selected

Postby BranarTheAwkward » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Platform: GOG
Version: v2.45
How to replicate: Select Aria, go to the level editor, try to place a harpy.

Harpies can't be placed in the level editor when those two conditions are met:
- Aria is the character selected.
- The level is a default generation (big empty room) or is generated with a level type between zone 1 and 3. You can place it without any problem with zone 4 or 5.
If you place a harpy with another character, but switch back to Aria, the harpies will disappear.

While it does make sense that harpies don't appear anymore after zone 4 in a normal playthrough, it doesn't make sense that you can't place it in the level editor. Harpies are a normal enemy in Aria's enemy pool, and the fact it is not in its natural zone shouldn't prevent you from placing it. You can place a beetle in zone 4 if you want, or a devil in zone 1, so you should be able to place a harpy in zone 3.

Note that I could successfully place all the other random enemies that I have picked (besides the enemies that are forbidden by the Nazar charm, as expected) in any of the random zones I picked, but I haven't tested it exhaustively, so I could have missed some. But I have tested several nonetheless, so it does seem that this bug is specific to the harpy in zone 1 to 3.
BranarTheAwkward
Blue Bat

Re: Can't place a harpy in the level editor with Aria select

Postby Arachness » Tue May 02, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks for the detailed report! I've added this to our bug tracker.
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Return to Bug Reports