Xbox One Controller -- Mapped Buttons Don't Appear in GUI

Having trouble getting the game to work? Ask for help here!

Xbox One Controller -- Mapped Buttons Don't Appear in GUI

Postby MarsteadTK » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 am

Hello!

I am a Windows 7 64-bit user with a wireless Xbox One controller, connected via dongle to the game.

When connected, if I map any of the controller's buttons to combos (such as Down-Left), the gamepad button is not displayed in the game's GUI. Instead, the default text is displayed. I do NOT have the "Display Default HUD Text" option checked. The buttons I map continue to work, the GUI just doesn't update.

I have this issue even if I plug in the Xbox One controller directly into my PC rather than use it wirelessly.

I did some aggressive googling and could not find a solution to the issue. Another use in the Steam forums also reported the same issue, but it was never resolved:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/247080/d ... 371920607/

I am happy to try to share system details and reproduce the issue as needed if it can be fixed. Also, if anyone knows of a way to manually add the gamepad button text to the GUI I wouldn't have a problem with editing game files to do this.

The GUI *DOES* update for buttons that have generic names -- e.g. D-Pad Left, Up, Right Down, Stick Left Up Right Down, and R Stick Left Up Right Down. It is the face buttons, bumpers, triggers, and stick presses which do not update. These appear in-game as "JOY1 BUTTON 5" instead of their Xbox One button names.

Thanks!
MarsteadTK
Green Slime

Re: Xbox One Controller -- Mapped Buttons Don't Appear in GU

Postby MarsteadTK » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:45 am

I was able to find the buttons that are supposed to appear when mapped in the game files, but I'm not sure how to force them to display in the GUI with the Xbox One controller. Is there a file I can edit to force these to display or even set them as the Default HUD Text? This could be a stopgap solution. Thanks!
MarsteadTK
Green Slime

Re: Xbox One Controller -- Mapped Buttons Don't Appear in GU

Postby ZenonX_Dest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Can you post a screenshot of the problem? It might be possible to solve using a mod affecting the localization files.
ZenonX_Dest
Blue Slime

Return to Technical Support