Weird trapdoor bug in daily challenge 2/17

Having trouble getting the game to work? Ask for help here!

Weird trapdoor bug in daily challenge 2/17

Postby Arkaaito » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi! I'm running CotN with the early access version of Amplified (both purchased through gog.com).

I was having a fairly good run of yesterday (2/17)'s daily challenge - silver warhammer, ring of piercing, AND I had just picked up a potion on my way out of level 4-1. Then I spawned on a trapdoor on level 4-2. And spawned on another trapdoor on level 4-3. Fell through to the boss area, surrounded by the four monsters you get when you haven't defeated the miniboss on the previous level. I got to move one time, but the music isn't playing and beats aren't progressing, so I can't actually do anything! (Torch animation is still going and I get "missed" if I try to move, so I know that it's not frozen.)

It sounds a lot like this issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/247080/d ... 657467861/

Any ideas what's going on? Did everyone run into this on today's daily challenge? Did it just decide I was doing SO WELL that I must be cheating and this is the cheating penalty? (I can dream, can't I?)

P.S.: I still have the game running in this state, so if you have any debugging steps you want me to take to gather additional information, let me know.
Arkaaito
Green Slime

Re: Weird trapdoor bug in daily challenge 2/17

Postby Arkaaito » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:27 am

Even weirder: I quit to the lobby and there's no music; I start a new All Zones game and exactly the same thing happens. (That is, I spawn immediately on a trapdoor, fall through to the next level, repeat until I'm at the boss level, where the music is frozen and I can't do anything.)
Arkaaito
Green Slime

Postby Arkaaito » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 am

I attempted to switch characters, and the game froze, then the game window vanished. (CotN claimed to be running still; I had to kill and restart it.) Now I have music again, but everything is locked. (Previously, things have been getting locked only - I think - when a new version of the DLC comes out.)
Arkaaito
Green Slime

Postby Arachness » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi! It sounds like some of the song files are missing or corrupt. Are you able to manually delete all of your game files and do a fresh reinstall?
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Return to Technical Support