Unknown cause of missedbeats

Having trouble getting the game to work? Ask for help here!

Unknown cause of missedbeats

Postby LuckyCrunch17 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Windows 10, Steam.

I don't know if my keyboard is dying or not but I am randomly dying to missedbeats on aria. I have completed aria once or twice and it hadn't happened then. I've died 3 times to this over the one hour I've played today and I'm not sure if it's the new amplified update or my keyboard. When I watch the replay, it shows me getting hurt on the beat instead of actually missing the beat. Don't know if it said missed beat or multiplier dropped. Is there a way to check what button I pressed in a file or any ways to find the cause of this? I would really like to unlock coda and this is stopping me from it.

Thank you
LuckyCrunch17
White Skeleton

Re: Unknown cause of missedbeats

Postby Arachness » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Sorry to hear about the random missed beats. I'd like to help you troubleshoot the issue. Would you mind answering some questions so I can get more details about what's happening to you?

I saw that you mentioned this didn't always happen. Do you remember when this issue first started happening, and if anything in particular changed?

Are you able to try rebooting your computer / fully restarting Steam to see if that helps?

Are you able to shut down all other programs on your computer, to see if something is interfering/causing the game to stutter and make you miss beats? Be sure to check your system tray for any lurking progresses, including messenger programs. In addition, Steam has a list of programs that could interfere with Steam or a game's functions: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -SFLZ-9289

Are you able to try recalibrating the game, just to eliminate that as a potential cause?

Can you remap your controls to other buttons to see if it's certain keys affected, or do you have another keyboard/controller you could try? As a side note, is your keyboard wireless? If so, can you try a wired keyboard? Sometimes wireless connections can mess up how inputs are detected by the game.
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Postby LuckyCrunch17 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks for the reply.
I was playing yesterday for about a couple of hours for aria and bolt and I was able to not get that random beat miss. I think restarting my computer fixed it. There was no way calibration was the problem because I play on a laptop(keyboard is part of it and I am able to consistently not miss beat on deathmetal) and I (probably) didn't wrongly time the beat (I think) so that probably means that two buttons were pressed relatively at the same time. I didn't answer all your questions but I think the problem is fixed now. If i get this problem again, I'll look into it and post it here.

Thanks for the help
Have a good day
LuckyCrunch17
White Skeleton

Postby Arachness » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:40 pm

No problem! Glad to hear it seems to be fixed now. :)
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Return to Technical Support