Shock Socks

Want to suggest that we add something new to the game? Do it here!

Shock Socks

Postby Awesome3475 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 am

Hi there, everyone. I've already posted this on the #dlc-suggestions part of the Discord, but I wanted to put this here.

Shock Socks, a new foot item.
The embed looked pretty poor in the preview so I'm going to link it here.
http://i.imgur.com/mS3Ex5U.png

The Shock Socks function like that of the War and Blood Drum, requiring you to hop in place to charge it up. On the second hop, the character will temporarily be able to attack with an electric arc, similar to that of the conduits in Zone 5. The player can also continue to press the assigned key in order to stall beats and maintain their charge. Digging into a wall will also release the charge, but it has the ability to send an electric arc into enemies that are adjacent to the tile that was dug.
I think that this item has a great potential that fits straight into the DLC. I also believe that it will NOT outclass the Electric Dagger because of its temporary usage. This item would also be obtainable for other characters, whom do not have access to the Electric Dagger (i.e Melody, Coda, Aria, etc).

I hope that you guys take this idea into consideration. I've discussed the idea with others, refining its design and purpose.
Thank you.
Awesome3475
Blue Bat

Re: Shock Socks

Postby Awesome3475 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

Hello once again everyone.
I have returned with some refined ideas, so I want to put it back in here again.
http://i.imgur.com/r8ulnZR.png

As you can see by the image, there have been a few changes. The digging feature was removed, and I made its charge time a little bit faster to make it more like reloading rather than a stronger war-drum.
I hope this *sparks* a little more conversation and discussion. I definitely don't want this idea to go to waste. Who knows? Maybe I'll learn how to mod things someday.

Thanks again for your time.
Awesome3475
Blue Bat

Re: Shock Socks

Postby Awesome3475 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello once more. I'm back yet again because I have another re-design to this idea. I really want this to get off the ground, so I've been doing lots of thinking as to what I could do to get a better representation of this item.

The best idea that I have for this item is for it to charge via movement. If it was just pressing a button, it'd be too similar to the War Drum/Blood Drum.

Here is a quick gfycat explaining the idea as best as I can. I understand that it says "Lead Boots", but I had to do some texturing stuff in order for this to work: https://gfycat.com/SoulfulAdolescentGuanaco

Thanks again for your time everyone. Let's keep the hype up for this amazing DLC! :D2

- Awesome3475
Awesome3475
Blue Bat

Return to Suggest New Features