Suggestion - fix the Shrine of Uncertainty

Want to suggest that we add something new to the game? Do it here!

Suggestion - fix the Shrine of Uncertainty

Postby elFlashor » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:11 am

Having bought the DLC today (after overplaying the original game for hours and hours xD), I immediately discovered the Shrine of Uncertainty and it's random weapon.
It is (obviously) very nice, too nice, as you can get a wide range of weapon up to Titanium/Obsidian... and thus go from the starting dagger to something very powerful (for example I got an Obsidian Rapier).

But on the contrary of all the other Shrines, I find the fact that you don't have to give or give up anything to get the random weapon overpowered.
It is easy to detect which weapon you've just been dealt, and if you don't like it, you can just get your previous one. So it's pretty much a bonus with absolutely no real cost or set back.

I'd suggest having the shrine destroy your previous weapon to make sure you're sticking with the random one.
You want to play with random stuff? Here you are, now deal with it :P
elFlashor
Green Slime

Re: Suggestion - fix the Shrine of Uncertainty

Postby Space Cow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:34 pm

I like that idea except that it can still be exploited with throwables in the same way that No Return was.

In general I am of the opinion that the shrine of uncertainty presently feels too safe. It's a great shrine and unless I have an awesome weapon I normally hit it.
Space Cow
Zombie

Return to Suggest New Features