Music games

Discuss anything you like, as long as it's NOT related to Brace Yourself Games!

Re: Music games

Postby Bujiraso » Wed May 28, 2014 6:56 am

Currently playing Stepmania (open source DDR clone) and Rocksmith.

When you already can play guitar and just want to learn songs (because nobody is wow'd by playing a cool impromptu E Dorian riff with palm-mutes, they're wowed by "Sweet Home Alabama" :p), Rocksmith is amazing. Despite the fact that it's an absolute technical disaster, that is. I'm amazed the game doesn't unseat my CPU or underclock my RAM as I'm playing it, since Ubisoft appear to never have seen or heard of the words "testing" or "QA" before. All joking aside, the UI and UX are a mess and there are some game breaking bugs and some protips you absolutely need in order to survive it. Basically, if you use the built in guitar-to-USB cord alone you're gonna have a bad time. You need to split it to an amp right beside you so you can actually hear what you're playing and then crank the audio and video latency down to 0 or else it's a horrible experience.

I'm also still a fan of O2Mania, despite not having played it in a long time.
I played every Harmonix game, too, and Beatmania but they didn't much stick with me. The one good thing I can say about Guitar Hero (I & II) is that it showed me that I like guitar -- so I stopped playing and bought a real guitar, lol.
Bujiraso
White Skeleton

Postby Ryan Clark » Wed May 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Bujiraso wrote:Basically, if you use the built in guitar-to-USB cord alone you're gonna have a bad time. You need to split it to an amp right beside you so you can actually hear what you're playing and then crank the audio and video latency down to 0 or else it's a horrible experience.

That's good to know! I was planning to get back to my guitar playing someday and give Rocksmith a whirl!
Ryan Clark
Founder, Brace Yourself Games

Postby Palarran » Wed May 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Rock Band 3 (drums only) using a Yamaha DTX550K electronic drumset, which I bought specifically for that purpose. :)
Palarran
Orange Slime

Music games

Postby Tredertinhes » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 pm

No music I have to hear the sound of the engine

I do listen to music when playing PES, dont care what music, as long as I like it
Велосипед
Tredertinhes
Green Slime

Postby Alto » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 pm

U-u-uh... Bust-A-Groove and Jammer Lammy?
Necroposting, yeah.
Alto
Green Slime

Postby Soto8969 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:18 pm

When i was little played a game called Patapon. that was the first game for my old PSP that i have.
Up......Down.....Up.....Down....
Soto8969
Purple Monkey

Postby burntfires22 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 pm

There's a game on Kongregate called "A dance of Fire and Ice" and it's pretty good for a free flash game. It's a rhythm game and the music isn't too bad either, it's a shame it isn't longer though.
burntfires22
Green Slime

Postby Joshrl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:20 pm

They're a little old now but I have tried Beat Hazard and Audiosurf. I think Beat Hazard was in the Humble Freedom Bundle recently too.
Joshrl
Green Slime

Postby antoniothethird » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:11 am

FF 8, 9 and 10 are all have great songs. Silent Hill will be the creepiest for me.
antoniothethird
Green Slime

Previous

Return to Off Topic