How to download musics from youtube?

Discuss the game, your favorite strategies, and anything else related to Crypt of the NecroDancer beyond bug reports, feature suggestions, and tech support.

How to download musics from youtube?

Postby Velorace » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:02 am

Hi, i just recently got this game and i would like to use a personal music deck to play trough the game , because i really like some different musics generes that arent found on the current playlist.

So, i really wanted to use some of those very selective musics i would like to hear, but i dont have any of them installed on my computer right now, and i found out that many of those musics that i want to hear are actually found on YouTube, but, i dont know any program that i can download musics from there, even if when i know they exist, im a bit scared of venturing trough this "download musics here" because most of those sites contains virueses, clip programs and :/ weirdo things i dont know.

i was wondering, as this game is all about music and it is an important topic on this game, there should be someone around here at least that knows a good program or way to download those youtube musics into the computer receiveing... the lesser casualities (if possible) to my machine's integrity xD

So, do anyone have a tip or a list of possible acts i could do to download those musics to my PC whitout receiving the worst-of-all virueses? XD
Velorace
Green Slime

Re: How to download musics from youtube?

Postby Lamia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am

Audacity is a great program for sound recording and editing, it'll be perfect for any soundtrack needs for customizing your game. It looks more technical than it is, but once you get the hang of it you'll like it.
Lamia
Wraith

Re: How to download musics from youtube?

Postby vonflare » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:54 am

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

this is what I use. just paste the URL of the music in the box and press convert.
vonflare
Wraith

Return to Gameplay, strategy, and general discussion