Post + Discuss awesome Mods + Dungeons!

Discuss the game, your favorite strategies, and anything else related to Crypt of the NecroDancer beyond bug reports, feature suggestions, and tech support.

Re: Post + Discuss awesome Mods + Dungeons!

Postby cyberdelika » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:52 pm

I bring you... Teh Ghost Kitteh!

(Please let me know if images aren't allowed!)

ETA: heh, just as my status turns to ghost on the forum.
Dove Enthusiast, Official NecroHeather Fan Club Member, and recently-hired Goblin Sentry. Feel free to add me on Steam, or get yourself a new follower on Twitch.
cyberdelika
Ghost

Postby NecroHeather » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 am

cyberdelika wrote:I bring you... Teh Ghost Kitteh!

(Please let me know if images aren't allowed!)

ETA: heh, just as my status turns to ghost on the forum.

So cute!!!
NecroHeather
Red Dragon

Postby blueblimp » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Mage character gameplay mod

A character based around fireball effects.

• The 1-1 shop has guaranteed ring of mana, fireball spell, and infernal torch. (This can be buggy. If they don't all appear, reset until they do.)
  • No weapons allowed, not even your starting dagger.
  • The ring of mana and infernal torch don't occupy slots, so you can pick up other rings and torches and have both effects.
  • Tested with Bard and Cadence. I recommend Bard for best experience.
  • Deep Blues Queen is nerfed to only move once every two beats, like a hell hound, instead of every beat.

This mode is challenging, and you may need to make efficient use of your resources to complete it.
blueblimp
Minotaur

Postby Teraka » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:51 pm

That Mage character looks awesome and I'm definitely gonna try it. Funny enough, I also made a new character that uses Fireball, although mine is only in last resort.

Pain Mode

It's a new mode based around the Boots of Pain.

This mod makes the 1-1 shop always contain Boots of Pain and a Fireball Spell, as well as some Cheese to alleviate the pain.
Throw away your weapon, pick up the boots and go kill things.

The boots are modified to be counted as a charm rather than boots so you can use normal boots as well.
The spell is included to kill monsters that move every beat once they're stuck to you. It has been nerfed to have a 25 kills cooldown though, so make sure you don't need to use it too often.
The Queen in the Deep Blues fight has also been nerfed to only move every 2 beats.

This mod can be used with Bard, Cadence, Bolt, Monk if you're feeling brave, and Coda if you're feeling crazy.

It sadly can't be used with Aria (because she starts in zone 4, so she doesn't get the 1-1 shop), or Dorian (who can't throw his dagger because of the boots).

I've also removed all the weapons as random drops or shop options, as well as items that are only useful for weapons (all +damage items, enchant scroll, holster...)
There are still ways to obtain some weapons that I can't control (shrine of risk, scroll of need from boss arena, probably a few other ways) but they should be fairly easy to avoid. Just remember that using scroll of need at 1/2 heart and without a weapon will give you a glass rapier, not a potion.
Teraka
Orange Slime

Postby Alto » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Teraka wrote:Pain Mode

I also wanted to make this one - the mechanic looked so interesting for me~ :lol Let's see, and bring in the PAIN!
*insert a drawing of Cadence in Ecstatic Yandere Pose*
Alto
Green Slime

Postby h11471392085 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:14 am

Teraka wrote:That Mage character looks awesome and I'm definitely gonna try it. Funny enough, I also made a new character that uses Fireball, although mine is only in last resort.

Pain Mode

It's a new mode based around the Boots of Pain.

This mod makes the 1-1 shop always contain Boots of Pain and a Fireball Spell, as well as some Cheese to alleviate the pain.
Throw away your weapon, pick up the boots and go kill things.

The boots are modified to be counted as a charm rather than boots so you can use normal boots as well.
The spell is included to kill monsters that move every beat once they're stuck to you. It has been nerfed to have a 25 kills cooldown though, so make sure you don't need to use it too often.
The Queen in the Deep Blues fight has also been nerfed to only move every 2 beats.

This mod can be used with Bard, Cadence, Bolt, Monk if you're feeling brave, and Coda if you're feeling crazy.

It sadly can't be used with Aria (because she starts in zone 4, so she doesn't get the 1-1 shop), or Dorian (who can't throw his dagger because of the boots).

I've also removed all the weapons as random drops or shop options, as well as items that are only useful for weapons (all +damage items, enchant scroll, holster...)
There are still ways to obtain some weapons that I can't control (shrine of risk, scroll of need from boss arena, probably a few other ways) but they should be fairly easy to avoid. Just remember that using scroll of need at 1/2 heart and without a weapon will give you a glass rapier, not a potion.

You can remove the dagger completely, making it playable for dorian: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3070#p19266

Sounds fun!
Known as jakkdl on twitter and twitch

Twitter

My mods

Guide to racing on SRL

Guide to 4-Shrine racing

Creator and maintainer of the Necrodancer Scorebot
h11471392085

Postby Teraka » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:52 pm

h11471392085 wrote:You can remove the dagger completely, making it playable for dorian: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3070#p19266

Oh that's brilliant. Thanks for that, updated it straight away! (And un-nerfed fireball, because 1.5 hearts blood magic was kinda ridiculous)
Teraka
Orange Slime

Postby alexis_yj » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:40 am

I'm sure you realize it but the game mechanics are awesome for making puzzles and as I like puzzles here is a list of good puzzle dungeons I played. This is mostly recent ones, if you know good puzzle dungeons please let me know I'll add them to the list (and probably play them).

Lab of the Necroscientist by bacing
Compilation of 5 levels highlighting game mechanics, each more evil than the other. Special mention to level 4 which may take you a while.

Two can tango! by phantasmal
Nice puzzle featuring Dove and a clone friend.

Ice Temple by phantasmal
A 7 level adventure that revolves around ice. Wheeeeee!

Difficult puzzle featuring gold/multiplier mechanics by john64t
Title says it all, you'll need to make sure to have some savings to pass those 2 levels.

Just a simple maze... nothing special here :) by john64t
Title is lying this time, good luck finding your way in this huge bounce maze.

Return of the Necroscientist by bacing
The Necroscientist is back with 5 new levels. This time look out for level 3, it took me a few weeks to get out of it...

Epic Dove by bacing
Interesting puzzle relying on dove-specific mechanics

4Head by Echaen
Two "easier" puzzle levels.

Teleport Bug by bacing
Quick succession of 3 levels showcasing teleporting glitches.

Cross Bow Themed Puzzle Dungeon! by john64t
Another big level by john, this time featuring crossbow mechanics.

Jailbreak by incnone
Very difficult puzzle, don't take my word for it, try it for a while and get stuck in this jail like I am.

The Garden by incnone
Another cool level by incnone, easier than Jailbreak but still a good challenge.

Resources puzzle! by john64t
This big puzzle requires you to make use of i-frames and collect items in order to advance.

Labyrinth by Salt Rook/塩ルーク
Just finding the exit won't be enough for Cadence in this labyrinth, you'll probably need to find some items too.

COURAGE by Haughington
Courage mechanics are fun, and so is this puzzle exploiting them.

Of course I don't only like playing puzzle dungeons, I also make some, hope you have fun playing them.

Don't miss a coin
Frustrating puzzle relying on gold and involving some RNG.

Ghosts 'n Goblins
Small dungeon inhabited only by ghosts and goblins.

Trick or Treat?
Teleport into the warlock's houses and get a treat or play them a trick.
alexis_yj
White Skeleton

Postby SCUBE31 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:52 pm

I've just found this thread, so I thought that could be a good idea to share my mod with you.
I'm actually making a Shovel Knight mod for the game.
This mod is very uncomplete at the moment because I can only work on it when I am on vacation. The last update is very far away now, but I'm working on a new update that will be coming soon!
I'd love to know what you're thinking of this. (and I'd love if someone could help me, because I have no idea about how to change the music :/).

Here the mod. Enjoy.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =730213239
SCUBE31
Blue Slime

Postby donutlover9 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:58 pm

weapon_warhammer_obsidian.png

(WIP)
i am alive again
donutlover9
Red Bat

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay, strategy, and general discussion