Tutorial: Videos on how to kill every enemy in the game.

Discuss the game, your favorite strategies, and anything else related to Crypt of the NecroDancer beyond bug reports, feature suggestions, and tech support.

Re: Tutorial: Videos on how to kill every enemy in the game.

Postby EladDifficult » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:18 pm

name wrote:I actually have a better way for King Konga 1 that works for every weapon, except cat o nine tails and the flail. Instead, you move up to just below the spike trap, and move up and down from there. If you have the whip, you dont move, and just kill them there. Any other weapon, you move back up to below the spike trap, and just hit em left and right as they come.

This method takes the exact same number of beats as mine, but makes it way more likely that the red bat will mess you up. The only major difference is the one extra step it takes to hit King Konga the first time. I'm steering clear of that red bat.
EladDifficult

Postby name » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 pm

EladDifficult wrote:
name wrote:I actually have a better way for King Konga 1 that works for every weapon, except cat o nine tails and the flail. Instead, you move up to just below the spike trap, and move up and down from there. If you have the whip, you dont move, and just kill them there. Any other weapon, you move back up to below the spike trap, and just hit em left and right as they come.

This method takes the exact same number of beats as mine, but makes it way more likely that the red bat will mess you up. The only major difference is the one extra step it takes to hit King Konga the first time. I'm steering clear of that red bat.

Ah. Yeah, forgot about the red bat. It only happened once in 40 runs or so, but whatever. Worked well with the whip, so there's that.

Did the second one work well for you?

Still though, good guide.
Second or third person to beat every character pre release.
Tenth person to beat Aria pre release.
One of first fifteen to beat Bolt pre release.
One of first fifteen to beat Monk pre release.
Three unique Green Bats killed.
name
Wraith

Postby EladDifficult » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

I just tried out your second method and it didn't work. But then I realized that there is a VERY important detail. I think you sorta mentioned it but to make it easier, you need to attack the right conga line first then the left. So right, left, right ,left. And not the other way otherwise things get messy with the mage. Your method does work well for dagger, however I think if you have any weapon with reach my method is pretty straight forward. It works for almost all weapons, though there is confuse trap RNG.
EladDifficult

Postby ABoss » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:28 am

A more consistent strategy for King Konga 2 with a dagger I'd like to share: http://youtu.be/LNvcxafookw
ABoss
Green Slime

Postby Fubz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Can we have a tutorial on the most efficient way to kill the Shopkeeper? I usually spend a lot of time going in circles and never managing to toast his butt.
There is never enough Image Crypt of the NecroFrankerZ
Twitch YouTube I always have new NecroDancer content!
Fubz

Postby EladDifficult » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Good idea. I'll add it along with Green Bats and Boss Arenas
EladDifficult

Postby Kahryl » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:15 am

Has anyone figured out how to get a green slime to hurt them?
What if: A green slime is one square to the right of you and feared. And to the right of the slime is a down-arrow trap. And down from that is a left-arrow trap. And left of that is another left-arrow trap. And left of that is a up-arrow trap. So the slime tries to run from you but instead ends up running into you. Does that do damage?
Kahryl
Blue Bat

Postby Ryan Clark » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:53 am

Fubz wrote:Can we have a tutorial on the most efficient way to kill the Shopkeeper? I usually spend a lot of time going in circles and never managing to toast his butt.

I've actually managed to kill the shopkeeper with a red dragon only, but haven't been able to do it again since. If someone could figure out that strat it would be super useful :)
Ryan Clark
Founder, Brace Yourself Games

Postby Ryan Clark » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 am

Kahryl wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get a green slime to hurt them?
What if: A green slime is one square to the right of you and feared. And to the right of the slime is a down-arrow trap. And down from that is a left-arrow trap. And left of that is another left-arrow trap. And left of that is a up-arrow trap. So the slime tries to run from you but instead ends up running into you. Does that do damage?

I think it may not be possibly currently, but I'd *like* it to be possible, so I may "fix" it in the future.

It might require me to add the occasional rare confuse trap to zone 1. So you fear him, he hits a confuse trap, and then runs TOWARDS you and hits you.
Ryan Clark
Founder, Brace Yourself Games

Postby EladDifficult » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 am

Ryan Clark wrote:
Fubz wrote:Can we have a tutorial on the most efficient way to kill the Shopkeeper? I usually spend a lot of time going in circles and never managing to toast his butt.

I've actually managed to kill the shopkeeper with a red dragon only, but haven't been able to do it again since. If someone could figure out that strat it would be super useful :)

Well now the most efficient is to stand to the right or left of him, plant two bombs back to back, move up 2 and attack down. But you can use the dragon to kill him still.

It's kinda tricky. I'm pretty sure it was ProblemsIRL who I saw mastering the strat. You need to toast him so that he runs away to the top corner of the shop, then you need to coax the dragon so that it is 1 row down from the top of the shop, jump in his sight line so he starts to prep his fire breath, then jump up into the row of the shopkeep, this will make the shopkeep move down 1 row in front of the fire breath.

Hope that makes sense.
EladDifficult

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay, strategy, and general discussion