Crypt of the NecroFrankerZ | Last update 11th Oct

Discuss the game, your favorite strategies, and anything else related to Crypt of the NecroDancer beyond bug reports, feature suggestions, and tech support.

Crypt of the NecroFrankerZ | Last update 11th Oct

Postby Fubz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:44 pm

^ Click to download the full mod as it is now ^

This is going to be my thread for finishing off the FrankerZ mod. Some parts are completed, some are needing changed and I still need to think of new ideas to put in, and this thread will be sorted into those categories roughly. I'm needing help for ideas and some things I'm finding difficult to make look good (such as those Franker Skeletons in the title there, I'm unhappy with those) so feel free to do whatever you want with these files and post here so I can add it to the OP.

Everything is sorted by folders

Completed

Player 1 Body
I'm really happy how these came out, it's not in need of change

Nearly all the GUI
ImageImageImageImageImage

Bomb and Diamond pickups

Floor tiles, End blocks and the Compass Arrow
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Main Menu stuff
I'm happy with how the title lettering looks too

Traps
ImageImage
The spike trap can be pretty confusing mind you, but I'm really happy with these. Maybe the trapdoor can be snazzied up if anyone has any ideas.

Help Requested to Complete These

Player 1 Heads
I'll need to give this a go to, but if anyone's confident I want to animate the head, like make the ears flop and make him blink a bit or whatever. Right now he just bops his head sideways which is still pretty cool.

FrankerZ Skeleton Heads
The FrankerZ skeleton heads in the title screen (up top) aren't good quality at all. I'm not sure how to make them look better, I tried adding a slight brown colour for their ears but that didn't help either.

Spell Cooldown-o-meter
It's unclear and hard to read the font above it, any ideas on how to make it clear? I tried a black outline but that didn't look good and I tried changing the font colour but that changed the colour for other stuff too. Also it doesn't fit into the square box nicely so I'll probably need to make another FrankerZ head which is more square maybe?

Easy Stuff that I should do

• Heart Pickups into FrankerZ
  • Bomb Spell into FrankerZ
  • Empty Heart Pickups into FrankerZ
If you see any other inconsistencies, please tell me.

Ideas I'm working on

• Woof voices. Every single sound by the character will be "wof"
  • Player 2, he will either be RalpherZ or Doge, probably the latter as he's more recognisable but I'll end up doing both I suspect

Idea Box

Under this title I'll post stuff I either need help doing or I'm not working on atm. Hopefully you will have ideas to contribute to this box too ^-^
  • The intro video to contain more FrankerZ
  • Main Menu to have FrankerZ
  • Brace Yourself Games logo to have FrankerZ face
  • Klei's logo to be changed somehow FrankerZ related
  • The alpha screen thing to have FrankerZ

Entities

I want to change pretty much all NPCs to FrankerZ. This is going to be the biggest part I forsee.

Items

I need help thinking up how to change the weapons and spells and whatever else to FrankerZ

TL;DR
I NEED IDEAS

Also as a side note, my next project will probably be a Gravity Falls Skin because I'm pretty into that right now.
There is never enough Image Crypt of the NecroFrankerZ
Twitch YouTube I always have new NecroDancer content!
Fubz

Re: Crypt of the NecroFrankerZ | Last update 11th Oct

Postby donutlover9 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:51 pm

The files suggest that a 4-player co-op option may be available soon, so why use frankerz, ralpherz, doge, and some other internet dog to use for the players?
Or have them all be separate characters
i am alive again
donutlover9
Red Bat

Postby Fubz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:45 am

donutlover9 wrote:The files suggest that a 4-player co-op option may be available soon, so why use frankerz, ralpherz, doge, and some other internet dog to use for the players?
Or have them all be separate characters

Sounds legit, I may use Elad's doggy doing the tower.
Fubz

Postby Arachness » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Not sure if this would work but, what about putting a Kappa face on your Shopkeeper sprite? :lol
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Postby Fubz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:39 am

Yeah that'd be funny thanks for the idea, but it won't fit into this skin because it's gonna be all FrankerZ for this one. What I'm planning is an entire FrankerZ texture pack, and then maybe another spin-off one with a variety of twitch-motes if people wanto. I also have a super secret skin idea for the characters. I can't wait to get started working on it, once I get time...
Fubz

Postby Fubz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:48 am

Oh wait it's the 11th of October today... I must've read the dates completely wrong rofl. Well, hoping to finish off this mod as soon as I can, expects updates today.
Fubz

Return to Gameplay, strategy, and general discussion