Can't mod sound files

Having trouble getting the game to work? Ask for help here!

Can't mod sound files

Postby TMMMm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:00 am

I was working on a mod that replaces all of the characters, and I thought to replace the voice clips. I converted the custom voice clips in the OGG format and tried renaming the files. The problem is, the game keeps crashing whenever I try to play them. I am certain that it's the sound files causing the problem, because when I remove the sounds folder, everything works fine.

I tried searching the forums for solution but so far I found nothing relating to my problem. Is it possible that it's to do with the file size, since my custom voice clips are much larger than the originals?
Dons a HUGE smile

Talks about the most disturbing topics ever
TMMMm
Green Slime

Re: Can't mod sound files

Postby Arachness » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. Could you try these two things and let me know the results? This will help narrow down what the cause is, and help us resolve the issue for you.

1. Try using the original oggs in the mod for the same files. If that crashes, then it means there's something broken specifically with the how the game loads sounds from mods. If it doesn't crash, then go to step 2.

2. Try replacing those oggs with the new oggs gradually to see if there is a particular modded ogg that is causing the crash. (I would start by replacing 1, and if that works, start replacing larger amounts.)
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Postby TMMMm » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:12 am

I just figured out what the problem was. The custom files I was using were shorter than the originals. The game doesn't seem to mind when the modded sounds are longer, but the shorter ones were causing it to crash. Luckily, the problem was easily fixed by using a sound editing software to artificially lengthen them.

Thanks for the reply, though; I really appreciate the help. :)
Dons a HUGE smile

Talks about the most disturbing topics ever
TMMMm
Green Slime

Postby Arachness » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:29 pm

No problem, glad to hear it's working for you now. Let us know if you run into any other issues!
Arachness
Brace Yourself Games Staff

Return to Technical Support