Feature Requests and Suggestions

Find a bug? Please report it here!

Feature Requests and Suggestions

Postby Ryan Clark » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:26 am

Hi all!

Please use this thread for things that are NOT bugs, but instead are features that you think should be in the game. Thanks very much!
Ryan Clark
Founder, Brace Yourself Games

Re: Feature Requests and Suggestions

Postby ViWalls » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:16 am

The idea of a AUTOSAVE in the beginning of every level it´s interesting. If you need quit the game for any reason don´t lost your progress, and with PERMADEATH if you die lost all of it.

Speed Boots + Power Metal = Overpowered
ViWalls
Ghost

Postby Ryan Clark » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah, I will likely include some way of pausing your game and returning to it. But only returning to that save ONE time, of course :)
Ryan Clark

Postby LeftyFlip » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I notice that after the tutorial you start level one with a broadsword but when you die and go back to level one you start with a dagger. I understand that this is intentional, as you want the game to recognize what items you have when going on to the next level, but shouldn't level one always start the same way?

Also, I noticed all these doors on the side of the lobby. I know you're going to fill them in with things soon with things, but I would like to suggest having a one be a cutscene library and another be the credits. I also think it would be interesting to have some sort of system where you can learn about the enemies and items a bit more. sort of like unlockable descriptions of weapons and enemies. I also think it would be cool to have some sort of achievement system. I don't know, tell me what you think!
محاور دي لا مجنون
LeftyFlip
Ghost

Postby Mixmixmixmix » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Just trying to test custom music, it would be nice if the music continued through levels (after going through trap doors).
Mixmixmixmix
Green Slime

Postby LeftyFlip » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:47 pm

So I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in the test room, if a song is done playing, a trapdoor spawns and you're teleported to the tutorial level

EDIT: I tested it, and this happens to every level. so not a bug :/
محاور دي لا مجنون
LeftyFlip
Ghost

Postby Ryan Clark » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:19 pm

LeftyFlip wrote:I notice that after the tutorial you start level one with a broadsword but when you die and go back to level one you start with a dagger. I understand that this is intentional, as you want the game to recognize what items you have when going on to the next level, but shouldn't level one always start the same way?

Agree. This is already on my to-do list.

LeftyFlip wrote:Also, I noticed all these doors on the side of the lobby. I know you're going to fill them in with things soon with things, but I would like to suggest having a one be a cutscene library and another be the credits. I also think it would be interesting to have some sort of system where you can learn about the enemies and items a bit more. sort of like unlockable descriptions of weapons and enemies. I also think it would be cool to have some sort of achievement system. I don't know, tell me what you think!

Great ideas; thanks, Lefty!!
Ryan Clark

Mixmixmixmix wrote:Just trying to test custom music, it would be nice if the music continued through levels (after going through trap doors).

Can you clarify what you mean? You'd like the same song to continue?
Ryan Clark

LeftyFlip wrote:So I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in the test room, if a song is done playing, a trapdoor spawns and you're teleported to the tutorial level

EDIT: I tested it, and this happens to every level. so not a bug :/

Yeah, the test room is just for testing so it's not a big deal if it does weird stuff :)
Ryan Clark

Postby Awkner » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:09 pm

Suggestion!

What are your thoughts of having the beat indicators actually in front of the heart, maybe with an exact when-to-hit indicator to help keep the beat? It helps a lot in rhythm games, since it's fundamental to keep hitting those keys at the right time. Something like this mockup image I made: http://imgur.com/X4nBvW6
Awkner
Blue Bat

Next

Return to Bug Reports