The creators of Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Phantom Brigade, and Industries of Titan are now hiring a CFO/COO.
Brace Yourself Games is expanding. We are working on 3.5 new titles while bringing our existing games to new platforms. We’re looking for an experienced game industry executive to join our team to help guide the company’s future growth.
Duties will include:
- Participating in the development of BYG’s corporate/financial strategies
- Securing funding for the studio and its future game projects
- Developing processes that optimize our development workflows
- Getting to know the likes/dislikes and strengths/weaknesses of BYG staff in order to ensure that both their personal goals and BYG’s goals as a company are met
- Traveling to represent BYG’s business interests at game industry events worldwide
- 2+ years of experience working in the games industry at the executive level
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant work experience
- Detail oriented, responsive, and extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Avid gamer with knowledge of industry trends
Brace Yourself Games is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, and this position is local. We are willing to sponsor a Canadian work visa for the right candidate. This is a permanent full time paid position. Rate of pay is above industry standard and includes a profit sharing plan and an outstanding benefits package.
We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work!
Please submit your application (with resume/CV and cover letter) to [email protected] to apply. We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview.
Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.