The creators of Cadence of Hyrule, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Phantom Brigade, and Industries of Titan are now hiring a Video Editor Intern.
Brace Yourself Games is expanding. We are working on 3.5 new titles while bringing our existing games to new platforms. We’re looking for a Video Editor Intern to join our team.
Duties will include:
- Capturing and editing gameplay footage of our unreleased and Early Access games
- Recording and editing developer interview footage
- Assisting with the creation of Early Access update videos highlighting the latest content added to the game
The list of duties above is far from exhaustive. We’re looking for someone who is adaptable, multi-talented, and eager to take on new challenges.
- Detail oriented, responsive, and extremely reliable
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Avid gamer with knowledge of industry trends
- Located within commuting distance of downtown Vancouver, and legally able to work in Canada
- At least 1 year of post secondary education with a focus on film/video
- At least 2 years of personal/academic experience working with video editing software
- As this is an intern position, no prior professional work experience is required!
- Experience with Adobe suite is a plus
Brace Yourself Games is located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, and this position is local. This is a paid 4 month internship, 40 hours per week. Rate of pay is above industry standard.
We develop games because games make us happy. If we’re not having fun doing it, what’s the point? No one at BYG is required to work more than 40 hours per week. We maintain an inclusive, supportive, fun company culture. We’re looking for the candidate who will make BYG an even better place to work!
Please submit your application (with resume/CV, cover letter, and link to your online portfolio) to [email protected] to apply. We will respond to successful applicants with an offer to interview.
Thanks very much! We look forward to hearing from you.