We wanted to drop in with a quick developer update before the holidays. If you’ve been around Discord or the Steam forums over the last few months, you probably saw mention that we’re hard at work on a big update for 1.2.
We are happy to report that most of the changes targeted for 1.2 are complete, and we’re now working on stabilizing and polishing the experience. We were originally hoping to have it ready before the year was out, but we’d like a little more time to cook, so instead we’re aiming for a release window in January.
CONSIDER JOINING OUR DISCORD!
Before we jump into the details, I just want to say we’ve been giving some regular updates on our progress over in the Brace Yourself Games Discord. If you haven’t joined yet, we would love to see you there!
SO WHAT’S IN 1.2?
Now onto the juicy stuff! We took your feedback to heart and prioritized addressing one of the most common notes: combat variety. We’ve worked hard to improve on that front, making new locations, scenarios, and systems allowing for greater variety. Now that we’re in the polish stage, here’s an overview of what you can expect:
- New mission types attached to commonly encountered entities such as convoys, patrols, and military bases.
- New combat maps attached to commonly encountered location types.
- Streamlined contest mechanics preventing an indefinite raiding state and deprioritizing repetitive patrol encounters.
- New special encounters you’ll need to complete to finish province liberation.
- By popular request, an ability to replay the last turn of combat encounters.
- Projectile prediction system helping you foresee and evade individual shots before they happen.
- A new way to upgrade your favorite equipment to a higher level.
- And more!
Thank you all so much for your patience, and happy holidays! We look forward to sharing more soon! In the meantime, here are some sneak peeks at what’s to come.
AND NOW… SOME SCREENSHOTS!
Uh oh, looks like the mobile base is in danger!
What is this large anomaly on the briefing map?
Yikes, that’s a lot of things to dodge.
Something looms in the distance.
Some new scenic map shots – Is that water? I wonder if that can help you cool off…