Manage your damage in the fourth MAJOR Industries of Titan update, Tactics Makes Perfect. Take a look inside your ships and enemy ships with the new interior tactical view to hit the rebels where it hurts the most.
An Inside Job: Introducing a new layer to ship combat with the interior Tactical View.
You’re the Boss: With Tactical View comes new additions to Employee Management.
Everything Laid Bare: Battle over 50 different rebel ship layouts!
Shipping New Ships: 6 new ship designs to build in your shipyard.
Weather or Not: Weather now affects your city in different ways.
More Music: Danny Baranowsky’s Industries of Titan Under Construction OST is updated with new tracks!
And a whole host of quality of life additions, balance changes, and more!
Industries of Titan is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. You can expect the next major update on Tuesday, October 6th. See the full patch notes below!
Changes as of 0.4.0
? indicates changes due to community feedback!
Ever wonder what’s going on inside your ships while you’re fighting off Rebels? Wonder no longer: you can finally take a peek inside with the Tactical View to start strategizing, both in and out of combat:
- Each ship you can purchase has its own pre-defined layout, currently optimized by the Council. Choose from up to 15 different ship layouts (if you have the credits, of course)
- Watch out, because someone’s been making Rebel ships too! Figure out the best strategy against 54 unique ship interiors for a variety of challenges. Will you attack their life support devices or destroy their guns first? Don’t forget to keep up on repairs – some of these Rebel ships are packing serious heat
- Ships have their own local fuel and power networks, so there is no need to worry about connecting them to your city. Do keep in mind that ships need Xethane for fuel however!
- Important note: due to the nature of combat being fundamentally different, loading old saves will not load ships that were in those saves – they will have to be rebuilt using the new system. As always, we do encourage you to start a new city with each big update to reduce the amount of issues that might occur due to new features being added to a game where they didn’t exist before
Employees and Employee Management
- With Tactical View comes a few additions to the Employee Management panel – each ship you launch has its own job priority list that you can manage as your needs change
- ? A new flag indicating how many of your Employees are idle has been added to the Employee Management tab
- You may also want to familiarize yourself with Ship-specific devices, like Engines, Crewpods, Life Support and more. There are also some devices like the Generator that require an Employee to operate on a ship
- The list of names that can be randomly assigned to Employees has been expanded
- The speed of Employees inside a building or ship has been reduced by 10% to allow for more readable combat
- ? A new Corporation starts with 8 Employees instead of 5
- ? Employees will also display a coloured light depending on what resource they’re carrying
- Alphabetized the device lists for better organization
- ? You can now choose to return to the floor you were previously on when entering a building
Ships and Defenses
- Ships now have randomly generated names, and can be renamed just like Employees and certain buildings
- Ships now turn on a dime instead of needing to bank to turn around
- We added an extra 6 new ships for you to build on top of the 9 that already existed, with their own interiors as well
- ? You can now choose a target for your Defensive Turret! Select the Turret and use the UI panel to decide which Rebel ship to take out first
- As with ships from old save files, you will have to retarget enemy ships using your turret if you load an old save. They will not automatically target ships again until they are directed to do so if you are playing an old save
The weather seems to be getting stronger on Titan – it will now affect your city in different ways, depending on how intense the weather is.
- Rain provides a decrease in the effects of pollution, dampening the output from your Smokestacks, Mines and Trucks
- Snow will make your Employees and Citizens walk slightly slower than usual
Xethane and Fuel
- ? Added some icons to Fuel producing devices and buildings to indicate that Xethane in the area is low or depleted to better help players diagnose fuel issues
- ? Added ‘requires Xethane’ to the tooltips of Fuel Fabricators and Turbines
- Transport Hub now displays a popup indicating how much fuel was used by the last truck movement if the Transportation Overlay is being displayed
- Many of our overlays (Transportation, Xethane, Pollution) have had a visual upgrade to better communicate how they work! Also, they’re prettier than before
- ? A big balance change – we’ve reworked the way Fuel and Pollution function and they are now on the same timescale as the rest of the in-game world instead of on their own timescale. This should help significantly with fuel fluctuation issues
General Resource Updates
- Stats like how much fuel and energy is stored, as well as number and type of ships owned, will now figure into Net Worth (displayed at the Game Over/Win screen) and Rebel attack difficulty
- ? Have an excess of resources but that resource patch is sitting in the way of your perfect city layout? Resource patches can now be destroyed instead of requiring a full depletion, making city expansion faster than ever. It will generate pollution though
- This also shows up as a notification on the side of your screen!
- Destroying rocks now generates pollution
- The Mine connection tube now displays a red tube if a tile outside its range is selected
- ? Storage containers now display a coloured light depending on the filters you’ve assigned them, making location of specific resources faster than before
Main Menu/Game Set Up
- Some small updates to the main menu – when making a new game, the destinations now have real locations on Titan! You can click them to select your map
- ? A new user option: if playing with dual monitors, you can now set the monitor containing your game window to capture the mouse to allow for easier edge panning
- ? Doubled the amount of crevices in the Pioneering Terraformer map
- To prevent maps where the player can be softlocked, it’s no longer possible to set the amount of crevices and sinkholes to ‘none’ in a custom map
For those lore-hungry Founders
- We’ve added additional loading screen texts for each image! Keep an eye out for the new ones
- As usual, we’ve got a brand new loading screen with its own new lore for you as well!
- An important update for our fan translator community: we’ve done some massive overhauls of how localization will work, making the whole process simpler and more user-friendly. Our programmer Ben has written a handy guide on how to translate game files here
PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you were using old localised files they will have to be updated. Please check out the guide to see how you can do this
- Danny Baranowski’s Industries of Titan Under Construction OST is updated with new tracks!
Some balances to overall difficulty
- Multiple iterations behind the scenes to settle down on a balance for Tactical View combat pacing
- Increased the health of all ships by 25%
- Survival mode has less random variance when generating attack waves
- Across all difficulties, the more successful the player is, the shorter the time between attacks
- Added an additional 10 min of preparation time before Rebels arrive the first time an attack is triggered
- More minor adjustments to the way difficulty is scaled based on performance
- Turrets fire slower than previously due to slower paced combat overall
- Turrets now cost 10 minerals more, require 50% more energy to use, and do 33% less damage than before
- Increased repair cost from 15 credits per hp to 20 per hp
- Due to how combat has changed, the max number of Rebel ships that can be attacking a city is now 10. Also, the number of additional attackers in Survival mode has also been decreased
Fixed issues as of 0.4.0
- 200+ bug fixes to the new features included in this update!
- Fixed about 50-odd crashes, both from old features and new
- Fixed so many typos
- Fixed tiles outside of Council building range not costing influence
- Fixed snow showing up under device blueprints
- Fixed final tutorial step never dismissing
- Fixed mine pipe not being centered on connected mine
- Fixed mine range not updating for connected mine
- Fixed self destructing ship damage being instantly applied when the game was paused instead of waiting until the game was unpaused
- Fixed incoming attack timer reading ‘completed’ instead of ‘incoming’
- Fixed first ship being visible in a second shipyard when a built ship was ready to launch
- Fixed jitter on shipyard when placing on city map
- Fixed destroyed buildings being on fire again when loading a game
- Fixed adding an outlet to a battery-only grid wasn’t powering relays or pylons correctly
- Fixed an outlet and two relays (and no power) causing one of the relays to look powered on when it wasn’t
- Fixed pylon looking powered when connected to any source of energy, even if it was non-functional or disabled
- Fixed repair all button not fixing ships as well
- Fixed two energy depots being disabled and enabled causing battery drain to be zero
- Fixed relay not animating correctly if built before an outlet connected to an external power source
- Fixed trucks not being returned correctly if the last Employee to arrive to a construction site was using a truck
- Fixed relays not animating when an outlet was built after the relay and connected to an external power source
- Fixed ships getting stuck on each other while moving around
- Fixed hotkeys allowed to enter buildings that are being destroyed
- Fixed keybinds not sorting correctly in settings