- AMP IT UP: Experience a reworked energy grid system.
- ROADS GO BRR: Roads now burrow!
- NO MORE REPAIR DESPAIR: Rebuild directly from rubble.
- BROWNIE POINTS: Gain 10 influence for destroying a rebel ship
- SHORTCUTS: Hop directly between buildings without City View!
Industries of Titan is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. We’ll have a few features to show off in January, but due to the holidays, you can expect the next major update on Tuesday, February 2nd. Update 8 will be the long awaited Population Simulation v1.0 update. See the full patch notes below!
Changes as of 0.7.0
🪐 indicates changes due to community feedback!
Back on the grid
- We spent a chunk of time this month rewriting our Energy System to make it easier to use and understand! Details below:
- Pylon and Relay radii only have to touch to interact, no overlapping required
- Grids are now tied to Pylons and Relays rather than Energy-producing devices and buildings, meaning grids will no longer flicker in and out if you run out of fuel or energy
- Even if a grid is offline, the devices or buildings in its radius will still belong to that grid, allowing you to see exactly what each grid contains
Roads go brrr
- 🪐 Roads now burrow! Watch your credits though, as the amount of buildings you’ll be burrowing will be much larger than before if you have a big Transport network.
Don’t despair about needing repairs!
- 🪐 The moment we’ve all been waiting for – you can now Rebuild buildings that have been destroyed by Rebels! Rebuild All function coming at a later date.
- 🪐 Ship Repairing – repairing in the Shipyard will now repair all of your devices and floor tiles at no extra cost! Repairing your Ship’s hull will still cost credits, though.
- There’s currently no VFX for this, so it will look like it’s happening automatically.
- 🪐 Building repairs can now be toggled, like Ship Repair
- You now gain 10 influence every time you destroy a Rebel ship
No more blockages!
- 🪐 Employees now teleport off ships instead of walking off, which should help with ship launch getting stuck
It’s all in the Mine
- Resource nodes are now capped at one mine per node
- You can now disconnect a mine from a patch or node
- Updated the look and contents of the Codex
- 🪐 Added warning/error icons to Buildings and Ships when devices inside them are not functioning (missing Citizens, no power, storage full, etc)
- Added a ton of juicy new SFX to UI interactions and buildings
- Changed the look of our survey flags again – they now show exactly which resources are inside a ruin, including any artifacts
- Made the Advisors’ button bigger
- Added the in-game timer back to the bottom of the HUD on the right-hand side
I know a shortcut!
- 🪐 Hop quickly between buildings with our new Shortcut menu! Located at the top of your HUD, you can quickly choose any of your buildings and jump immediately to view the insides. Jump between HQ, Factories and Shipyards with ease!
Fixes as of 0.7.0
- Fixed 100+ bugs related to new features!
- Fixed a bunch of jobs that were not categorized properly, causing them to be completed last instead of in their correct prioritization
- Fixed a few crashes that occurred while loading
- Optimized some city pathfinding
- Fixed not being able to drag jobs to the bottom of a folder
- Fixed some text clipping issues
- Fixed how folders interact on ships
- Fixed a storage discrepancy when connecting smokestacks
- Fixed storage discrepancies when upgrading mines
- Fixed storage discrepancies that occurred when buying from the Spaceport or Council buildings
- Fixed UI for ship launch not being reset to the correct state when loading in after launching a ship
- Fixed UI not showing ship stats correctly when entering during a dismantle
- Fixed some settings not being applied automatically (had to restart the game to have them take effect)
- Fixed a lot of devices not having arrows displayed for entrances (generator on ship, for example)
- Fixed buildings displaying warnings that are invalid (an unmanned Energy Plant displaying ‘no fuel’ even though it has plenty of fuel, etc)
- Fixed a crash caused by refreshing roads that are dismantled when their bridges had already been cleaned up
- Fixed a storage issue when dismantling a building that had resources in its storage but no job to pick those resources up yet
- Fixed saving while an Employee was finishing a dismantle job causing them to be freed up earlier than intended to complete new jobs
- Fixed a storage job never getting completed if a resource delivery was cancelled by dismantling a storage
- Fixed shipyard dismantle tooltip counting resources used to build a ship inside towards its return cost
- Attempted fix at a very rare drag and drop crash with job priority folders
- Fixed tooltip still being displayed when opening a UI panel on the top left HUD
- Fixed fuel generated numbers not smoothing
- Fixed unassign Employee UI being accessible right before a launch, causing launches to get stuck
- Fixed call to arms button getting stuck
- Fixed Employees getting stuck in repair jobs if shipyard was also repairing
- Fixed weather not being disabled correctly from user settings
- Fixed Rebel camps showing ‘no command range’ warning after being claimed
- Fixed an issue with survival mode having a very short timer, causing rebels to show up in the first 3 minutes of gameplay
- Fixed a storage issue that could occur when saving after upgrading a mine that had resources in local storage
- Fixed an instance of jobs not being cancelled if an Employee was carrying resources inside a factory that exploded – this would trap the next Employee to be assigned to that job in an endless loop trying to deliver a resource that didn’t exist
- Fixed player net worth counting buildings undergoing an upgrade as fully upgraded