That’s right. Ship just got really real. With Update 5, Ship Just Got Real, we’ve reached the end of this combat milestone. Construct a hull, place your own ship devices, and witness an all new launch sequence from your shipyard! This won’t be the last combat update, but we’re going to shake things up a little over the next few months.
Customization Station: Choose a hull and then customize the interior of your ships for your specific needs.
Clock it and Dock it: Dock your ships at shipyards to refuel, repair, and change devices.
Call me, Beep me: New advisor tutorials added!
Living in Harmony: Danny Baranowsky’s Industries of Titan Under Construction OST is updated with a new track, Harmony!
Many, many truckloads of bug fixes and balance changes. (Seriously. So many.)
Industries of Titan is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. You can expect the next major update on Tuesday, November 3rd. We’ll be digging into a lot of community requested quality of life features next month, and adding in a brand new building. See the full patch notes below!
Changes as of 0.5.0
? indicates changes due to community feedback!
You’ve played with the Council’s pre-laid out ships already, mastering ship to ship combat very quickly. But do you have what it takes to design your own ships and win?
- Choose a hull and then customize the interior for your specific needs. How will you balance fuel and power production while also making sure you have enough weaponry to defend yourself? Make sure you don’t forget the life support for your Employees!
- Ships can now be docked in Shipyards to be serviced
- Repair your ships hulls after being damaged in combat
- Re-staff your ship with fresh Employees should any of the original ship crew die
- Dismantle and rebuild devices to improve your ship layout for your next encounter with the Rebels
- The Council will provide access to the pre-authored ships again at a later date – for now they want to see how you fare at designing interiors.
- Changed the colour of Employees who are assigned to ships – they have a much bluer colour than regular employees so that they’re more easily distinguishable
- Other ship & shipyard changes:
- Adjusted the costs of some of the ship hulls for better balance – you’ll have to work harder for the bigger ships now
- Important warning: if you had a ship under construction in an older save that is loaded into this version of the game, you will have to start your ship construction over.
- ? There is now an additional on-screen warning when a Rebel ship is approaching your city
- Rebel ship crew now display O2 and health flags
- Changed how Rebel ships interact with player ships – they will now attack player ships even if the player has no weapons or employees aboard the ship
- Some balance changes
- Wait period between rebel attacks is now 20% longer
- The first Rebel attack occurs 10 minutes later than before
Xethane & Energy
- Increased xethane absorption rate by 20%
- Slowed xethane spread by 20%
- Changed how xethane is distributed and used over Shipyard
- The amount of xethane removed by an Air Purifier was reduced by 50%
- ? Added a ‘not connected’ warning symbol to Generators/Energy Plants and Batteries/Depots. Never forget your relays and pylons again!
- Added a new loading screen and new lore!
- Raised the resolution of our loading screens
- ? The load menu now has a more robust file deletion system! You can now delete all saves at the same time or select specific ones to remove. We’ve also improved the appearance somewhat
- Added some new legends to the overlays to better convey what certain colours or symbols mean
Music and Audio
- Added a new track, previewed in our Titan Tuesday trailer: Harmony (it’s a working title!)
- Tons of juicy new SFX for UI, shipyard, Crevices and Sinkholes, and more!
- We’ve changed the way pausing the game handles audio – pausing the simulation via spacebar now dims the music, and accessing the pause menu will stop the music entirely
Minerals and Storage
- ? Made a change to mines – when switching from one resource to another, Employees will now automatically have jobs to remove the old resources to prevent mines getting stuck not emptying
- Changed the colours of minerals, isotopes and waste in the UI. We’ll be readjusting them again soon, but this is a step in moving towards a more unified colour scheme across the whole game!
- Small storage container now stores 12 resources instead of 10
- Changed how building repair works – now repairs 1hp every few seconds instead of repairing fractions of health every frame
- Rain now falls less frequently, but reduces the impacts of pollution by double the previous rate
- Added a ton of new tutorial content to the Advisor’s Panel. Give them a call!
Fixes as of 0.5.0
- Approximately 220 bug fixes to our new features, including making it backwards compatible with old saves. If you had a ship inside a shipyard under construction, you’ll need to re-queue the construction however (we could not salvage old ship constructions)
- Fixed the save menu so that there is no longer a massive slowdown and/or crash when a player has a high number of playthroughs or save files
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a dismantle job inside a building completed while the player was in City View
- Fixed pressing enter in the shipyard allowing player to construct the selected hull without unlocking it
- Fixed double clicking the warning or problem flag on HQ, Factory or Shipyard not entering the building
- Fixed O2 appearing empty on load if loading in Tactical view
- Fixed the tweens of a bunch of UI elements
- Fixed another handful of typos
- Fixed saving and loading inside a building that wasn’t the HQ rotating the camera one rotation on load
- Fixed construction being allowed on tiles that the player was not currently controlling if their Command Center was disabled
- Fixed a strange movement that trucks could do when the Employee accidentally delivered and picked up 0 resources
- Fixed trucks not being allowed to deliver to roads under construction
- Fixed saving during a paused building dismantle showing the whole building on load until the job was unpaused
- Fixed roads not refreshing correctly when buildings larger than 1×1 finished construction at the same time as another road
- Fixed Employees getting stuck in dismantle animation if game was saved and loaded right as they were finishing a dismantle
- Fixed a crash that could occur when some buildings finished construction
- Fixed buildings that completed construction in the radius of a Command Center being online when construction completed if the Command Center lost power during construction
- Fixed buildings under construction being allowed to take damage from ships blowing up above them, which caused buildings to be missing on load as well as many crashes