Godless’ first big new content release is here, with new skills, scrolls, rituals, consequences, and enemies, as well as lots of various changes and bug fixes! As we are currently in early access, we rely even more so on the feedback of players like you to make this game the best that it can be, so if you’d like to provide your own feedback directly to the developers, be sure to join the Brace Yourself Games Discord!
- Battle Rite (fire spell)
- Invigorating Flame (fire spell)
- Ghoul (death unit)
- Haunted Village (death tile)
- Elementalist (nature unit)
- Negative Energy
- Astral Projection (all Acts)
- Forest Fires (Act 1)
- Eternal Hunt
- Rune Master (Act 1)
- Units are now highlighted separately from tiles and hexes while hovering mouse cursor over them.
- Choosing skills at the start of the match now offers skills that synergize better with each other.
- Paths in between continents now always consist of two events.
- When you choose to move to a continent and the planet rotation animation starts playing, clicking the “Battle” button will start the battle without waiting until the animation is finished.
- Transitions between certain scenes should now be smoother.
- Place of Power (all Acts)
- Number per continent: 2 –> 3
- Ability: disappears immediately after the ability is triggered.
- Ancient Rune (Act 1)
- Ability: “Adds +1 health to the Shrine” –> “Adds +1 attack to the Shrine and the entered unit”
- Now, appears from Easy difficulty.
- Swamp (Act 1)
- Now, appears from Normal difficulty.
- Enslaved Ogre (Act 1)
- Base attack: 5 –> 4
- Talvius (boss, Act 1)
- Base health: 90 –> 92
- Base attack: 8 –> 9
- Attack gain per level: 30% –> 25%
- Archaeologist (Act 2)
- Ability: “Destroys all adjacent tiles every 4 turns.” –> “Destroys all adjacent tiles every 3 turns.”
- Mechanical Golem (Act 2)
- Ability: “Deals 6 damage to an adjacent enemy. Then repeats on their adjacent ally.” –> “Deals 5 damage to an adjacent enemy. Then repeats on their adjacent ally.”
- Demonologist (Act 2)
- Base attack: 7 –> 6
- Health gain per level: 24% –> 22%
- Tribal Priestess (nature unit)
- Mana cost: 3 –> 2
- Ability: “Resurrects the last dead ally. Growth.” –> “Resurrects the last dead ally on a random hex. Growth.”
- Divine Will (neutral spell)
- Ability: “Relocates any ally to an adjacent hex.” –> “Relocates any unit to an adjacent hex.”
- Nomad (fire unit)
- Ability: “Adds +2/+2 to this unit if they are on a plain hex.” –> “Adds +1/+2 to this unit if they are on a plain hex.”
- Overgrown Ruins (nature tile)
- Mana cost: 1 –> 2
- Orc Shaman (fire unit)
- Health: 11 –> 10
- Attack: 3 –> 2
- Grove Keeper (nature unit)
- Mana cost: 3 –> 2
- Attack: 4 –> 3
- Health: 8 –> 9
- Planned Assault (fire)
- Effect: “Spend at least 2 mana in one turn to grant +3 attack to all allies.” –> “Spend at least 2 mana in one turn to grant +2 attack to all allies.”
- Giant’s Might (nature)
- Effect: “Adds +1/+5 to the ally with the lowest health every 4 turns.” –> “Adds +1/+4 to the ally with the lowest health every 4 turns.”
- Soul Drain (death)
- Effect: “Sacrifices an ally of your choice on turn 3 to summon 2 Cursed Spirits.” –> “Sacrifices an ally of your choice on turn 3 to summon 3 Cursed Spirits.”
- Gift of the Forest (nature)
- Effect: “Grants Regeneration to a chosen ally on turn 3.” –> “Grants Regeneration to a chosen ally on turn 4.”
- The “Regeneration” takes effect at the start of the affected unit’s turn, not in the end.
- The talent’s use can no longer be cancelled.
- Curse of Weakness (death)
- Effect: “When 8 allies die, the attack of a chosen unit is set to 0.” –> “When 7 allies die, the attack of a chosen unit is set to 0.”
- Generous Vampire (unit, “Coven” death talent)
- Ability: “Adds +2 attack to all adjacent allies.” –> “Adds +1 attack to all adjacent allies.”
- Paid rituals
- Shrine health cost: 8 –> 7
- Teleportation (all Acts)
- Type: Basic –> Paid
- Storm Wind (Act 1)
- Effect: “Create 3 Gales” –> “Create 2 Gales”
- Earth Energy (all Acts)
- Type: Paid –> Basic
- Rock Wall’s health: 15 –> 8
- Last Order (all Acts)
- Effect: when you choose an enemy, the dealt damage can no longer destroy the Shrine. Instead, it will be left with at least 1 health.
- Perfect Balance (scroll)
- Type: Scroll –> Ritual (paid, all Acts)
- Light of Hope
- Effect: “Adds +6 health to an ally and all of their adjacent allies.” –> “Adds +5 health to an ally and all of their adjacent allies.”
- Elite Guard (unit, “New Age” consequence)
- Health: 30 –> 25
- Attack: 8 –> 7
- Hidden Treasury (unlocks extra rewards upon winning battles)
- Now, the boon is unlocked after the first match.
- Experience cost:
- Level 1: 900 –> 350
- Level 2: 1200 –> 500
- Enhanced Stone (increases Shrine’s health)
- Now, the boon is unlocked after destroying 3 continents.
- Rituals (complete the first match to unlock)
- Number of levels: 2 –> 1
- Level 1: “Perform powerful rituals mid-battle to crush enemies and aid allies.” –> “Unlock ultimate rituals with especially strong effects.”
- Now, there are 2 events per path in the tutorial.
- The first tutorial event is now the Chamber instead of the Forge.
- Non-paid rituals are available during the first tutorial match by default.
- Enemies and allies no longer choose to move in another direction, when they have a chance to approach their target.
- Enemies no longer miss an opportunity to enter a hex of the unit that they just killed (occurred rarely).
- When a unit is going to die next turn from basic attacks, the prediction system takes it into consideration correctly.
- Allies’ movements no longer contradict predictions.
- The match preparation screen is now displayed correctly in widescreen resolutions.
- When a corrupted unit is pushed by a “Sandstorm” (basic tile, Act 2) or a “Gale” (tile, “Storm Wind” ritual) to the tile affected by the “Sacred Emerald” (nature-nature gem), its effect is now triggered correctly.
- The desert version of the “Training Camp” model (neutral tile) is no longer go beyond its hex.
- The ability of “Places of Power” (basic tile, all Acts) is now triggered twice when a corrupted unit enters this tile.
- Applying the “Intimidation” (buff from the “Emerald Defender” nature talent) and the “Regeneration” (buff from the “Gift of the Forest” nature talent) no longer replaces previously applied buffs.
- Applying the “Intimidation” to an immovable unit as the second or the third buff no longer leads to softblock.
- When a “Beast” (nature unit) dies as a result of the “Heart of the Volcano” damage (fire-fire gem), it will no longer lead to softblock.
- The minus signs and spark numbers are now correctly displayed in the Forge in 4K resolution.
- The “Choose both sparks” hint in the Forge is no longer obscured by the ether exchanging UI.
- Rituals’ names are no longer cut in certain languages.
- When you interact with tiles’ or units’ tooltips just before the “Rituals” window appears, the battlefield will no longer remain interactable while the “Rituals” window is opened.