Update 9: Industrial Revolution
- BENEFACTORY: Benefit from new factory devices to refine resources!
- REBEL BASE AI: Rebel bases now expand and spawn defenders.
- SHIP TO BUILDING COMBAT: Attack rebel buildings with ships.
- SO MUCH BALANCE: A huge number of balance changes.
Industries of Titan is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. See the full patch notes below.
Due to the nature of changes in this update, we won’t be able to support save files from before 0.10.0. It would be too difficult to convert all existing saves, so instead we have opted to break compatibility. Thankfully, this is the only time we will intentionally do so! Going forward, you should be able to use the same save file between versions.
Although we try to prevent breaking save compatibility as much as possible and contain them all to the same update, there is still a chance that fixing save and load bugs may unfortunately end up invalidating saves again in the future. Thanks for your understanding!
Changes as of 0.10.0
? indicates changes due to community feedback!
? A big thank-you to all the Experimental Branch players for their feedback – they contributed significantly to helping us balance the game and improve UX. The Council appreciates your input!
Get those Factory floors ready for a whole bunch of new devices AND resources! Factory Gameplay 1.0 is finally here.
- Existing resources are now split into 3 Tiers of value
- The resources you acquire from Ruins and Resource Patches/Nodes are all Tier 1 and can be refined via Resource devices in your factories
- New Resource devices include:
- Processors: devices that disintegrate resources for refinement into higher tiers. There are 2 levels of processor for Tier 1 -> Tier 2, and Tier 2 -> Tier 3.
- Input Modules: allows you to put resources into the processor for refinement specific to resource types.
- Employee Module: an Employee is required to operate your equipment!
- Output Module: performs reintegration and output of a higher tier resource from a lower tier resource
- Waste Module: stores any waste produced by refinement. If you don’t have one and keep it emptied regularly, waste will end up all over the floor
- All Resource devices are modular – as long as the plug end of a Module is touching a Processor, you’ll be able to refine resources with ease!
- To quickly cycle between Resource Tiers, you can use Tab for Minerals or Shift+Tab for Isotopes. The selected tier is synced between HUD and build menus.
- Job categories for supplying input modules, emptying output modules, and cleaning out waste modules have been added to the Employee Management panel
- We have so much more we want to add to Factories down the line as well, so stay tuned!
Along with the new Factory gameplay, we’ve gone through several rebalances of costs, net worth and Rebel AI to make progression and provide a comfortable difficulty curve. Thoughts on balance are welcome and encouraged, we’d love to know if the game is too hard or too easy. You can let us know in Discord or via the Forums/Bug Reporter. We really appreciate it! Alongside the broader changes, we’ve also adjusted:
- Employee Balance
- ? Lowered the starting salary of Employees from 60 to 40
- ? Players now start with 12 Employees instead of 8
- ? Supported Employees increase from upgrading the HQ is now 16/24/32
- Citizen Balance
- ? Citizens generate half as much waste as before
- ? Citizen income increased to 1 credit every 5 seconds
- Waste Balance
- Less waste generated per conversion
- Trucks Balance
- Increased cost of trucks to 250 credits each
- General Balance
- ? Reduced influence gain by 2%
- Increased the influence cost of claiming Rebel tiles
- Reduced pollution emission by 20%
- Along with fixing some bugs in our existing tutorial, we’ve put in a lot of work to the Advisor system
- Advisors should provide more useful, accurate information based on where you are in the game
- Feedback on the tutorial and Advisors is greatly appreciated!
Player ship to building combat is finally in place!
- Fly your ships over to any Rebel camps you’ve discovered and take them down by attacking their buildings! You can target a ship or a building by selecting your own ship, and then right-clicking on its intended target
- If you don’t want to destroy Rebel encampments using ships, the previous method of claiming their territory from under their feet is still available.
- Although you currently can’t fly through areas that aren’t under your command, we’ll be enabling more exploration of the map via Ships in the future!
- We also added some VFX to ship targeting boxes on enemy ships – they now glow for added visibility
Speaking of the Rebels, be careful when you attack them, because they’ve been working on their own expansions:
- Rebel camps now grow over time
- Rebel now have functional Turrets to defend against your attacks
- Rebel Shipyards spawn both Offensive and Defensive ships
There’s been a bunch of work behind the scenes as well!
- We’ve refactored both the Trucks system and the Job system in the hopes of eliminating as many bugs as possible and for better code organization. Both systems should work exactly the same as before, but with less bugs!
A highly requested quality of life update
- ?Added a time of day indicator next to the game speed buttons
- Removed the name field of the bug reporter for GDPR compliance
- Adjusted the Council trading window to indicate that all trades are currently done in Tier 1 resources
- A lovely new loading screen for you!
- We also updated our roadmap!
If you’re coming into Titan Tuesday having played on Experimental, here are the changes since last patch:
- Reduced the quantity of resource patches in High Risk High Reward maps by 40% to account for the new economy
- Some minor visual improvements to Processor UI
- All resources stored in Factory modules are now accounted for in player’s Net Worth
- The time of day on the clock in the HUD now also displays the colour associated with that period of the Work Cycle (Green for Sleep, Red for Work, and Yellow for Leisure)
- Processing time to Tier 3 increased slightly
- Processing times in general also increased slightly
- Lowered the AI impact of resources by 50%
- Lowered the impact of construction time on AI by 15%
- ? Reduced the waste output of processing significantly
Fixes as of 0.10.0
- Many, many, many fixes and adjustments to our new features
- Fixed resources not being waste not being removed from a storage container until filters toggled if built on top of waste
- Fixed shield effects in ships not being displayed correctly
- Fixed the shipyard causing claim SFX to play much louder than usual if placed over unclaimed tiles
- Fixed bad logo resizing in the new game menu
- Fixed costs of other buildings incrementing incorrectly when unlocking the Transport Hub (due to roads also unlocking at the same time)
- Fixed some loading screens get crunched at lower resolutions
- Fixed tutorial skipping its final step, and not displaying text for camera tutorial
- Fixed Continue and Load on the main menu showing the oldest save file in the tooltip instead of the most recent
- Fixed ‘draining batteries’ flag being visible on Depots and Batteries when not connected to a grid
- Fixed cached paths not being cleared when roads were built (this was the primary cause of Employees walking in midair over roads that had no bridges. Still identifying other potential sources)
- Fixed a storage discrepancy that occurred when upgrading any building and the HQ at the same time, while resources were stored in the HQ and a storage container contained only part of the resources required for an upgrade
If you’re coming from Experimental, here are some fixes since last patch:
- Fixed a bug that caused liabilities to not scale with difficulty
- Fixed the emissive colour not displaying correctly on resource boxes coming in and out of processors
- Fixed shipyard displaying tier 4 resource box instead of credits icon
- Fixed fuel HUD tooltip displaying incorrect information until a Pylon was built
- Fixed strange appearance of some buttons
- Fixed Device Details button on Factory and HQ UI not being clickable
- Fixed Rebel ships not having their target cleared if their target was destroyed by another ship or a turret