UPDATE 15: TECH TREE
TECH TREE: Research Ancient Technologies in your new Tech Tree
NEW BUILDING: Build a Science Lab to enable researching
NEW SHIP DEVICE: Build a Reinforcement Pillar to increase ship HP
BUILDING BLUEPRINTS: You can build factories with blueprints now!
Industries of Titan is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. You can expect the next Titan Tuesday update on November 2nd, 2021. See the full patch notes below!
Changes as of 0.18.0
🪐 indicates changes due to community feedback!
New Feature: Tech Tree
- Randomly generated at the start of each new game
- Unlock new research options with artifacts
- Each new bridge unlocked reveals more of the tech tree
- 29 unique techs to discover (with more to come!)
- Tech can unlock stat boosts, buildings and devices
New Building: Science Lab
- Research new technologies in the science lab
- Additional employees assigned to higher level science labs will increase the speed that research is completed
- Connecting a science lab will increase the efficiency of each employee working inside
New Device: Reinforcement Pillar
- Can be unlocked from the tech tree
- Each pillar adds 2 extra HP to the ship it is in
🪐 Building Blueprints!
- You asked for it, we delivered! Buildings can now have blueprints that you can save just like with ships!
- Like with ship blueprints, please note that you will need all your resources up front to be able to use a building blueprint
- Increased the number of blueprint slots available
- Important note: Because we have placed some devices in the tech tree (namely on ships), blueprints using those devices will not always be available for use until you’ve managed to unlock the device in the tech tree of the game you’re currently playing. We are currently brainstorming ways to solve this design oversight!
- Some buildings, devices and ships are now unlocked through the Tech Tree (If you have already unlocked any of these in a previous save they will still be available to build when updating to the new patch)
- Buildings: Air Purifier, Industrial Fan, Council Obelisk
- Devices: Shields (Regular and automatic), Reinforcement Pillar
- Ships: Corvus SZ-73, Heron OP-3911, Kestrel KL-299, Caracaras T-64, Kuntur ET-3728
- Obsidian Ruin influence cost has been reduced
- Artifact influence cost has been increased
- Inert Ruins spawn more frequently further away from starting area
- Increased minimum Artifacts in Artifact patches
- Maximum influence cap from Monument Research Center reduced from 200 to 100, now also increases influence gained equal to two Council Obelisks
- Influence gain rate is now displayed as a decimal value
- Codex is now available from the pause menu in-game
Fixes as of 0.18.0
- Rebel defensive ships can no longer target player ships that are docked in shipyards
- Command area not properly refreshing after an HQ was upgraded
- Influence being gained twice when donating minerals or Isotopes to Council
- Device category in ship view not displaying correctly
- Smokestacks not showing smoke after loading
- Removed “Rebuild” button from player owned destroyed rebel buildings
- Cannot salvage destroyed buildings outside of player’s command area