Update 11: Megamap Megapack
MAP ATTACK: 7 new combat maps!
HOVER TANKS: New landing animations for reinforcements.
ANIMATION IMPROVEMENTS: Lots of subtle animation improvements.
BUF FIXES: Lots of bugs squashed.
Phantom Brigade is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. We update Phantom Brigade on the third Tuesday of every month. You can expect the next major update on Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 11:00AM PT. See the full patch notes below!
Changes in 0.12.0-b2696
🦾 indicates changes due to community feedback!
New Maps and Props!
- New combat maps have been added to the following sites: Farms, Mines, Energy Storage Plants, Bases, Convoys, Caches, and Outposts
New Landing VFX
- Reinforcements now have rocket packs to help them land
- Improved animations and VFX for landing units
- Improved locomotion on fast mechs: sprints look faster and movement blends better with different actions
- Hit reaction adjustments: improved the way mechs react to hits from different ballistic weapons and fixed various animation bugs
- Holstering and unholstering weapons: transitions between holstering and unholstering all equipment types have been improved.
- Updated the game credits
- Updated the game .exe icon
- Lots of bug fixes!
Fixed in 0.12.0-b2696
- Fixed an issue where audio on weapons will continue when firing is interrupted (such as on beams)
- Fixed Thrusters staying on when Dash is interrupted or when retreating after dashing
- Fixed occasional loud explosion when destroying props on various map
- Fixed audio doubling-up when starting a new game
- Fixed an issue where selecting another unit while cancelling an action will reset the appearance of the action in the timeline
- Fixed cutscene audio carrying to game if cutscene skipped too quickly
- Fixed an exception on ML turrets
- Fixed tooltips on armor in unit summary in the base being cut off by the right side of the screen
- Minor fix to aiming animations
- Fixed all z-fighting on various armor sets
- Fixed an occasional exception which occurs at the end of an attack with a Plasma Repeater
- Fixed missing art on “Back Home” event (occurs when loading a game from v0.2.0 or older)
- Items can no longer be equipped to mechs without arms
And for those on Experimental…
- Fixed an issue where reinforcements walked onto maps instead of dropping in