Changes in 0.5.2-b1581
? indicates changes due to community feedback
Single Action Melee
- ? Melee is now as simple as placing it on the timeline and targeting anywhere, just like dash. The new targeting UI helps show which side of the melee path your unit will strike (which can be changed with CTRL)
- Multiple units can be hit at once if they’re in range of a planned melee action
- ? Now allow clicking outside the bounds of melee or dash actions, meaning player clicks do not have to be as precise as before
- ? Timeline now scrolls when planning melee attacks, to allow for better precision
- Tanks on tall treads which can overcome elevated cover can be found starting Fyrland and more frequently in later provinces.
- Please note due to a bug these tanks cannot be damaged. Thank you for your patience while we try to fix it as soon as possible!
New Damage Types
- Penetrating: Some weapon rounds will now punch through units and cover at very high speed. This can damage multiple units, so line up your shots well!
- Stagger: Some weapons now reduce the stability of units making them easier to knock down. These weapons can cause crashes with enough focused fire of this type.
- Thermal: Some weapons increase the heat stat of the target, leading to faster overheating and additional thermal damage.
New energy weapons, some of which have guided projectiles (can be found starting in Vremmel):
- Thermite (Marksman Rifle – Penetrating):
- Several shots in quick succession
- High accuracy but only while stationary
- Generates a lot of heat
- Flux (Shotgun – Penetrating):
- Tight cluster of shots
- Not effective in close range
- Best used against single enemies rather than groups
- Dragon (Shotgun – Stagger):
- Shoots guided energy pellets over a longer period of time
- Not as effective at close range
- Best for medium range, moving targets
- Causes thermal damage
- Pulse (Assault Rifle – Stagger):
- Medium-long range
- ~10 non-guided energy rounds at a moderate rate
- Trace (MMG – Thermal, Guided):
- Medium-long range
- High-velocity energy pellets that slow down and chase the target after a certain distance
- Very accurate when targeting strafing enemies
- Curve (Sniper – Stagger, Guided):
- Several rapid energy pellets that guide towards the enemy
- Shots curve around and over small obstacles
- Not as powerful or accurate as regular sniper rifles
- Does not lose accuracy when fired on the move
- Charge (Flak Cannon – Concussion, Guided):
- Fires huge, slow-moving and accurate energy projectiles
- Less effective against fast-moving enemies and sharp elevation changes
- Shots have wide AoE on impact
- Deals increased concussion damage
Balance changes to scenarios and squad composition
- There are now less Leader units on the field
- Added more light enemy mechs
- Hybrid tanks that use sidearms will be more aggressive
- Ultra-heavy enemy units will use the gun more to its full potential
- New Grenadier role allows for more weapon variety in squad composition
- New AI targeting: Each enemy role now has unique targeting behavior
- New enemy roles:
- Artillery: Prioritizes weakened targets at long range.
- Grenadier: Prioritizes weakened targets at short range.
- ? Subsystems now have descriptions!
- Lots of bug fixing!
Fixed Issues in 0.5.2-b1581
- Limping speed is reduced to 4 for all units regardless of original speed
- Fixed SFX missing on destructible props (such as trees)
- Guardian and Grenadier units will no longer use light shield
- Grenadier units will no longer use non Missile Launcher weapons
- Fixed grenadier units having a gun for a sidearm instead of a shield
- Fixed some types enemy units spawning with two sidearms
- Fixed an issue where a Scout opted for an LMG instead of an MMG
- Cutter knife is currently missing trail VFX when attacking
- Fixed an exception that occurred during the Dog narrative event
YOU CAN FIND THE FULL LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES HERE.