Released: 7th February 2024
- ▲ – a buff was applied
- ▼ – a nerf was applied
- ⮂ – a tradeoff occurred
- 🦾 – a change was made based on community feedback
Changes and new features
- 🦾 Adjusted contest mechanics to make raiding more straightforward. Escalation increase over time can no longer progress to a next level: only winning a fight can progress the escalation meter further. Players can avoid the contest state or higher escalation by leaving a province, with no time limit.
- 🦾 Added more information to overworld UI. Selected POI will display escalation increase after combat, making it easier to choose safe targets while raiding.
- During province contest, the game will additionally display faction strength changes.
- 🦾 Added a difficulty setting for Home Guard strength decay during province contest. The decay can be disabled entirely. Note: battle sites will not spawn if the decay is disabled and Home Guard score remains above 90%.
- 🦾Added hint that spacebar can be used to skip dialogue
- Added text hint for how to multi-select in the inventory screen
- Items can be marked as “favorite” with a new button, making it easier to track your favorite loot in inventory.
- ▼ Reduced the per-missile damage of the Scythe ML (75 > 45), increased heat generation (130 > 140)
- ▼ Reduced the total damage of the Hydra ML (160 > 140).
- ▲Increased the leading factor for friendly units, slightly improving accuracy of player attacks
- ▼Locked level upgrading on boss reward weapons
- Improved the visuals of Shieldbearer and Frigate bosses
- Improved the boss weapon visuals
- Added new destruction effects to the Shieldbearer boss shields
- Improved the camera animation at the start of boss battles
- Improved background detail and prop placements on a number of new maps
- Fixed floating grass appearing in the corner of every combat encounter
- Fixed explosion effects not appearing on some of the background vehicles
- Fixed the smoke effects on boss part destruction sticking around for multiple turns
- Fixed missing distant sun shadows, improved distant shadow quality
- Fixed the Hydra ML randomly targeting units in all directions instead of prioritizing targets ahead of it
- Fixed missiles fired from the rear launcher on boss units not being accurately predicted during planning
- Fixed missing translations to the message log button tooltips
- Fixed missing localization for the overworld boss tutorial
- Fixed planned actions being deleted from the timeline after a unit recovers from a cross-turn crashing state
- Fixed the “Token of Appreciation” event triggering at sites other than civilian settlements
- Fixed mech frame salvage causing combat units to remain active in player saves.
- Fixed the game failing to enter combat at radio station sites.
- Fixed missing tooltip on the Home Guard strength progress bar during province contests.
- Fixed the original level of parts not being loaded from saves, enabling unlimited level upgrading.
- Fixed an issue in the database system that led to some config mods failing to load
- Fixed the game failing to load configs with tags introduced through mod libraries
- Fixed cargo units sometimes spawning next to their retreat zones
- Fixed mislabeled side launchers on the Redback frigate boss