Update 19: Ready for Replay
STATE OF REPLAY: Single-turn replay is here!
GETTING CRAFTY: Changes to the workshop and equipment perks
Phantom Brigade is in Early Access, which means we are actively updating and adding new content based on our roadmap and your wonderful feedback. As we will be skipping July’s update in preparation for the big changes to the pilot system, you can expect the next Tactical Tuesday update on August 16th, 2022 at 11:00AM PST. See the full patch notes below!
🦾 indicates changes due to community feedback!
- 🦾 Replay is Here!
- We’ve added Single Turn replay into battles!
- You can play back the entire previous turn from start to finish, or you can scrub through the turn and replay from any point during the turn you want.
- Three different replay modes:
- Single Replay – Watch the turn back once, and then it stops once it ends.
- Looping Replay – The replay will jump back to the start and play again once it ends.
- Mirror Replay – The turn will play in reverse once it ends, and forwards once it reaches the start again.
- Bug Reporter
- We have changed the key command to open/close the bug reporter to Alt+B
- Shift+Tab will no longer function for this
- Simplified the Workshop
- Removed workshop charges, so you only need supplies and any components to build them now.
- You’ll still need to discover specific projects during your campaign though!
- 🦾 No more Negative Equipment Perks
- We have removed negative equipment perks from all equipment in the game. Positive equipment perks are still present.
- Perk names were also changed in order to be less confusing in some cases.
- 🦾 Fixed being able to place a dash into the next turn
- 🦾 Fixed the workshop not working after unlocking upgrades that add blueprints
- Fixed the Assault Rifle obtained from the Mountain Base being weaker than the starting AR
- Fixed exhausted pilots not showing a warning
- Fixed primary doublehanded weapons not switching correctly from a secondary melee weapon
- Fixed convoys being able to move beyond the map boundaries when fleeing the brigade
- Fixed some UI elements carrying into the title screen when exiting from the inventory screen
- Fixed the horizontal scroll bar in the upgrades screen not being able to scroll all the way left
- Fixed battles that liberate provinces not letting you salvage anything
- Fixed being able to resume time from the pause screen
- 🦾 Multiple landscape changes in maps to fix impassable spots and misplaced collision
- Fixed primary weapons being temporarily sheathed during the landing animation
- Fixed weapons switching before a dash when there is an attack command after the dash
- Fixed holograms being positioned incorrectly during waits between movement commands
- 🦾 Fixed the meteorite location sometimes appearing underground during the Meteor Crash Site scenario
- 🦾 Fixed vision/detection range not working when decoy drones are active
- Fixed melee weapons detaching from the mech model when a unit crashes while running
- Fixed unit holograms showing the running posture during dashes
- Fixed reputation rewards not being displayed in the post battle screen
- Fixed mechs crumpling to the ground if they collide with another unit while landing
- Fixed the updates window appearing over the projects list when you load a file saved in the workshop
- Fixed being able to move the base while choosing to rest & resupply or recruit pilots
- Fixed the “Maximized Storage” upgrade being impossible to unlock because of the component cap
- Fixed some animation issues with melee weapons
- Fixed AI units not leveraging the heat dissipation in rain
- Fixed multiple typos
- General performance optimizations
- 🦾 Fixed Knox Medium parts not being added to the inventory after being built in the workshop
- Fixed maps incorrectly allowing the destruction of critical surfaces
- Fixed units T-Posing during the map flythrough at the start of battle
- Fixed the first enemy mech in the opening cutscene having the wrong weapon
- Fixed VFX being missing on landing units
- Fixed not being able to use consumable overworld items unless you have the upgrade unlocked
- Fixed province hope value still being displayed in the province info box
- Fixed Ejected pilots staying in the squad before rescuing them